Situated near Leeds, on the confluence of the Rivers Aire and Calder, Methley Estate is part of Mexborough Estates
and has been owned by the Savile family since the fifteenth century. The estate was once home to Methley Hall, which was constructed in 1588. Having been requisitioned by the army during both the first and second world wars, the hall also became subject to significant mining subsidence and extensive dry rot and was sadly demolished in the late 1950s.
As well as the in-hand farming operation at Methley, there are eight tenanted arable farms as well as woodland, commercial and residential lets and a traditional deer park.
The in-hand farming operation based at Home Farm covers approximately 1,000 acres of arable land and includes a Christmas tree enterprise.
Find out more about our work on the farm and about the 18,000 Christmas trees we grow on our news pages!